Re: blue flickering artifacts in opengl programs

On Die, 2003-05-06 at 12:11, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

> I've just upgraded to kernel -ben10 and drm-trunk 2003.04.25-1, and now
> there's some OpenGL artifacts when running the glsnake xscreensaver.  The
> panels of the segments occasionally flicker blue when they rotate to an
> acute angle with the eye vector.
>
> I *think* it's the xlibmesa-gl packages, actually; I think I saw it when I
> upgraded the packages before I rebuilt the new kernel.  I can't be sure
> though.

Yes, OpenGL problems are always most likely in the *_dri.so, as that's
the actual OpenGL driver.

> So, anyone know what's going on there?  Can anyone else see the artifacts?

Yes, and I can work around them by setting the R200_NO_TCL environment
variable. Please report this bug to the dri-devel list or
http://bugs.xfree86.org .