Re: Xfree86 and iMac G4 flat panel

El vie, 28 de 03 de 2003 a las 16:17, Eduardo Trápani escribió:
> Hi,

Hi

> Has anybody an iMac with flat panel fully working under X?

Myself

> I am using xfree86 4.2.1-6 and the "nv" driver, kernel
> 2.4.20 without the rivafb driver.
>
> I cannot switch to the text screens, the screen is
> completely red and I see nothing.  And then it doesn't
> always come back to graphical mode.
>
> Even if I don't try to switch to text mode, by the time the
> monitor should be turned off the same red screen appears.
>
> If I choose "DPMS" instead of "FlatPanel" in the
> XF86Config-4 file I can switch back and forth to text mode
> and the monitor goes correctly to sleep.  But the screen is
> distorted and only a quarter is visible.
>
> I've tried with kernel rivafb, without it, with video=ofonly
> and all the other combinations I found on the net.  But the
> problem remains.
>
> Find attached my current XF86Config-4 file.

I'm using the rivafb driver with the fbdev at XF86Config-4 file with
XFree 4.3 (4.2 also works). I was not able to use the XFree86 driver (to
test it you should boot with the rivafb driver disabled).

You have here the XF86Config-4 file that I'm using.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)
Linux Registered User #121232
mailto:carlos@pemas.net || mailto:carlos@gnome.org
http://carlos.pemas.net
Valencia - Spain
### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION
# XF86Config-4 (XFree86 server configuration file) generated by dexconf, the
# Debian X Configuration tool, using values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the XF86Config-4 manual page.
# (Type "man XF86Config-4" at the shell prompt.)
#
# If you want your changes to this file preserved by dexconf, only make changes
# before the "### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION" line above, and/or after the
# "### END DEBCONF SECTION" line below.
#
# To change things within the debconf section, run the command:
#   dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
# as root.  Also see "How do I add custom sections to a dexconf-generated
# XF86Config or XF86Config-4 file?" in /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.gz.

Section "Files"
	FontPath	"unix/:7100"			# local font server
	# if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load	"GLcore"
	Load	"bitmap"
	Load	"dbe"
	Load	"ddc"
	Load	"dri"
	Load	"extmod"
	Load	"freetype"
	Load	"glx"
	Load	"int10"
	Load	"record"
	Load	"speedo"
	Load	"type1"
	Load	"vbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"keyboard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"es"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"NVIDIA Corporation GeForce [NV11]"
	Driver		"fbdev"
	BusID		"PCI:0:16:0"
	Option		"UseFBDev"		"true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Flat Panel"
	HorizSync	30-100
	VertRefresh	40-120
	Option		"DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"NVIDIA Corporation GeForce [NV11]"
	Monitor		"Flat Panel"
	DefaultDepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		1