Re: Twin Turbo 128 in PPC 9600/350

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:36:19 +0100 (CET)
Eric Deveaud <edeveaud@pasteur.fr> wrote:

> correct me if I'm wrong (long time that my 9600 died) but
> if your booting via BootX, (as some of the material initialisation is
> performed by MacOS before linux boots up) you also have to play with
> resolutions modes on MacOS side, check under linux, and so on until
> you find a correct MacOS setting which will be compatible with  Xfree

I don't think that's the case. I've got 9500 with BootX, and I've always
been able to set my MacOS and XFree resolutions completely
independently. I think only the OF console mode (when you have the "No
video driver" box checked in BootX) is dependent on the MacOS setting.

-- Michael