Re: DMASOUND, scsi

--- vinai <vroopcha@mcw.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Nathan S. wrote:
>
> > The problem I'm having with scsi is a bit weird.  With the 2.2
> kernel I
> > can mount the zip drive on /dev/sda, but with the 2.4 kernel I
> can't
> > because I don't have access privileges, but root can.  I added
> myself
> > to group disk, but that doens't seem to do anything
>
> I'm not sure about your other issues, but the line in your /etc/fstab
> file that refers to the zip should contain the option "user".  I
> don't
> have a zip, but the line for my CD-ROM drive looks like:
>
> /dev/cdrom      /mount/cdrom    iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto  0
> 0
>
> cheers
> vinai

I don't think that my fstab is causing the problem because mine is set
with the user option.  The drive is an internal scsi zip on a Beige G3.
 I have no ideas as to what could be causing an access privilege
problem with this drive - it works fine with a 2.2 kernel but not with
a 2.4 kernel

Thanks
-Nathan