mpg123@iBook-Tangerine

Again?!

..well...yes
am back to Debian with my iBook-Tangerine
because visited someone's site
mentioning that

modprobe dmasound_pmac

at kernel-2.4.18 works fine for Tangerine too

and since OSX might be too heavy
chose the way to keep myself @ prompt (command-line-oriented)

so
did a basic install
did no taskel nor dselect
but chose a module install for dmasound

and to do the testings
agt-get-ed mpg123
and simply tried to run a mp3 file

but a scolling of a buch of messages continued
and
no sound came out

also apt-gett-ed workbone
punching "workbone" only made its help come out
and didn't work like it did
at my poor old GatewaySOLO(=Slackware installed)

now
what does this stupid newbie have to start from?

BTW
are people with non-us keyboard used to fix the keymap
(i mean the txt file of it) by themselves?
jp106 doesn't work to bring out "_"
ao am staying at us-keymap and figuring out to punch the special letters..

BUYO-BUYO-IGOR------------------
http://buyobuyo.isgenius.com

"SaRiGaMa's Oil Vending Orchestra"
http://oil.isonfire.com