Re: ide-controller ACARD 6260M not working with debian 3.0

Hi,
> NOTE: the pci-IDE-controller card is named SCSI storage controller above
> !
> this is the ide-controller with the hard disk hde connected to, in
> proc/pci it is described as scsi, don't know why.

FWIW: I have a similar ACARD and it works fine

01:14.0 SCSI storage controller: Artop Electronic Corp: Unknown device 0009
(rev 02)
        Subsystem: Artop Electronic Corp: Unknown device 0009
        I/O ports at 0440 [size=8]
        I/O ports at 0430 [size=4]
        I/O ports at 0420 [size=8]
        I/O ports at 0410 [size=4]
        I/O ports at 0400 [size=16]
        Expansion ROM at 80090000 [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

AEC6280R: IDE controller on PCI bus 01 dev a0
AEC6280R: chipset revision 2
AEC6280R: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
AEC6280R: ROM enabled at 0x80090000
    ide2: BM-DMA at 0x0400-0x0407, BIOS settings: hde:pio, hdf:pio
    ide3: BM-DMA at 0x0408-0x040f, BIOS settings: hdg:pio, hdh:pio

And it also reports itself as a scsi controller under lspci.  I think this
is done on purpose to allow the card to be seen properly under MacOSX so
that it can be used for booting from.

It is an IDE card (I have a 60gb ata cdrive attached to it) and as I said
mine works well.

> > Is this car supported under MacOS? Does it emulate a SCSI controller?

> as you assume the card is supported under MacOS and it emulates a SCSI
> controller as shown in "Apple System Profiler".

I think the answer to this is yes for both the 6260M and the 6280M

> as you assume the card is supported under MacOS and it emulates a SCSI
> controller as shown in "Apple System Profiler".

Are you sure the cable is connected properly (the right type of cable) and
is the drive capable to be at the speed setting.  Does changing the UDMA
speed gtet rid of the lost interrupts?

Kevin