Re: Initializing linux partition on install results in reboot.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 01:53:31PM -0500, Joel Schander wrote:
> [...]

no idea about the rebooting problem...

> One thing that may be important but I'm not sure is that /dev/hda2 and
> /dev/hda3 are both drivers of some sort. I've attempted deleting them as
> the box will not have multiple OSes installed, but this results in an
> error something like: "Sorry: can't delete a driver partition (yet!)".

did you try 'i' in mac-fdisk ? this will leave only the partition map,
and show everything else as free. You'll have to re-create your partitions by
hand, though, but you don't need the driver partition to boot with quik

HTH,
Simon

--
Simon Vallet
Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon