Re: Lombard XFree86

> I am having difficulty with the following issues:
> 1) No Sound - ( /dev/dsp dosn't exist )

modprobe dmasound_pmac, and perhaps a bit of devfsd configuration. I
don't use devfsd and /dev/dsp does exist, so I presume you're using
devfsd.

> 2) Cannot start X - ( No Display found )

/var/log/XFree86.log should explain why. IIRC the XF86Config-4 generated
by the XFree86 install did work out of the box for me. If you see errors
concerning vsync or hsync range insufficient, liberally increase the
ranges (I think I had to decrease the min. vsync frequency).

	Michael