Re: pbbuttonsd on TiBook

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:30:05PM +0100, Jens Eickmeyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a small problem with pbbuttonsd on my TiBook 867MHz: When pbbuttonsd is
> started and I press the brightness-control-keys it prints the message
> "keyboard: unknown scancode e0 4c" right to the console. If pbbuttonsd is not
> started and I press the key it dims the display and doesn't print a message.
> Does anyone else has a solution for this problem? I also noticed that the
> latest version of pbbuttonsd for debian is 0.4.10a although there is a much
> newer version (0.5.2) out there.

That's a bug in the 2.4 kernel keyboard driver, it works under 2.5 but
the modifications are too heavy to be backported it seems.

They may be a quick and dirty hack (untested) if it bothers you and you
compile your kernel: edit the table e0_keys in drivers/macintosh/mac_hid.c
to put KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP and KEY_BRIGHTNESS_DOWN in the right place.

	Gabriel.