Re: Debian on 2nd HD

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 05:41:29PM -0500, Myria wrote:
> The 9500 is on an AppleTalk network to share a printer.

I suspect this will depend on exactly what you mean. Is this
computer hooked up to the AppleTalk network using LocalTalk
wiring (uses the serial port) or Ethernet wiring? Linux doesn't
support doing LocalTalk over a Mac style serial port, but
AppleTalk over Ethernet works fine as long as you have all
the appropriate software installed. You'll need the Appletalk
driver in the kernel (appletalk.o) and the netatalk package.
Most Debian kernels will come with the appletalk.o module
precompiled, but I'm pretty sure netatalk is not part of the
standard install.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com