Re: Trouble with Dual boot MacOSX/Woody - Yaboot on G4 Gigabit

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 07:42:21PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
> Doesn't seem to help.  I checked the man yaboot.conf page; it refers to
> HFS+ but my set-up is totally HFS.

No, if you're running OS X off of it, it's HFS+. OS X doesn't support
HFS as a boot volume. Did you try putting the option in, rerunning
'ybin', and booting?

> So maybe I shouldn't be trying to boot OSX specifically but generic
> macos?  I tried that but it didn't make any difference.

No, that assumes classic MacOS, so it searches the volume for the 'Mac
OS ROM' file that classic MacOS starts from.

> I guess it's not crucial because I can boot both systems.  But what is
> interesting is that I boot Linux using "boot hd:2,yaboot" in OF and it
> works fine.  Which suggests that I need to modify yaboot.conf to boot
> OSX.  Will yaboot only boot OSX using the two stage boot process?

Yes, because the Forth bootscript that ybin generates and blesses is
what puts up the multiboot menu - yaboot itself just loads Linux
kernels.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net