Re: Trouble with Dual boot MacOSX/Woody - Yaboot on G4 Gigabit

Quoting Clive Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk>:

> I've run ybin after changes
>
> But straight booting sticks on something like "Starting bootstrap
> second stage ...." and just stops.  If I reboot into OF and type "boot
>
> hd:2,yaboot", Linux boots fine (I used the sample yaboot.conf from 6.5
>
> Kernel Image settings).
>
> I don't really want to repartition (too much important stuff on MacOSX
>
> to lose).  Am I missing something obvious?

Have you tried adding the 'brokenosx' option to your yaboot.conf? It was
necessary last I used OS X (10.1.x) on a Mac with Linux and OS X installed, and
according to the yaboot.conf manpage, is still needed for any OS X install on an
HFS+ partition. Give it a try, and see if it helps you.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net