Re: unresolved symbol errors, trying to run XFree86 -configure

debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org wrote:

You probably don't want to use depth 8? Add

	DefaultDepth	24

to the Screen section (or 16 or 15, and make sure there's a matching
display subsection).

Yeah.. 8 bit is just icky. :) I don't recall the actual computer this is on -- but if you have a rage128, keep in mind that *I* had to use 16bit color to get 3d acceleration. I have an original iBook2, and it took a long time to figure out that I *needed* 16bit rather than 24bit.

-Shawn