Re: Harman/Kardon Soundsticks

* Clemens Mangler (cmangler@ap.univie.ac.at) a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Im planning to buy Harman/kardon Soundsticks for my ibook 2.
> theese are connected via USB.
> I saw that there is a module USB_AUDIO.
> Will it work for them?
> Has anyone already used theesBe and can tell me about the output-quality.

Hi

I have the Soundsticks on a G4 733 running Debian unstable, and
everything works fine. I recently switched from oss to alsa, both
without problems. It seems that usb audio is a well-supported standard.
Just one thing : when setting volume to zero with aumix and oss, the
speakers are not completely muted. With alsa it's ok.

The sound quality is very good, better than most computer sound
systems I've heard.

Worth the price if you often listen to music :-)

Jérémie