Re: openoffice.org in Sid

David Oakes <doakes@ns.sympatico.ca> writes:

> Adam Hewitt wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I find it hard to believe that everyone who is running Sid has been
>
> > without Oo for the past two weeks (due to no openoffice.org-bin), can
> > someone tell me what the deal is and what you have done to get around
> > it??
>
> Actually, it has been more like a month since 1.0.99+1.1 was released
> without openoffice.org-bin for anything other than i386, but nobody
> should be without Oo.

I went and read the bug report about this at bugs.debian.org, and
posted a request for status on the bug. I just got word from Chris
Hall about what's going on.

The problem was that openoffice.org-bin would build but on powerpc,
but setup would not run. The issue got resolved when Kevin Hendrick's
figured out that it was being linked with an out-of-date java library
on Jan's computer when he built the package. That was a month ago when
it was 1.1rc3.

Since then we are now at 1.1rc5 and other things have changed and they
are working on resolving them, and have asked for patience.

HTH,
jas.