Re: Pulsar, BootX and Mach64

> You are using the same kernel to boot the installer and the
> installed system, right? I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Hm, I think so. Booting from the floppy there is no problem with
the screen output. But from BootX it does not work.
I tried several combinations of
video=atyfb:vmode:xx,cmode:8
but nothing is working. Also with the option "Force ...".

1.
Maybe there is another video=?? possible.
Velocity and X is not an issue for a fileserver.

2. I searched the net and found
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/4/1998/8/0/58721/
with a description how to boot linux. But I am not
familiar with Open Firmware and so are not able
to follow the instructions now

I am going to read:
http://lppcfom.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/217.html.

> ssh is not installed as part of the base system. But you could
> possibly install it from an installer shell by chrooting into
> /target. You would have to set up /etc/apt/sources.list for
> a valid source, then use apt-get install ssh. Be sure it is
> set to start as a daemon, (I think so by default) and it
> should be running after the machine boots.

Thanks for this hint. I boot from a floppy. The debian cd 3.0r1 does not
boot. A MacOS cd is booting. After 2 floppys  the files are fetched
from the debian cd. Maybe I try your tip this evening.

Joachim