DualHead-hack for iBook breaks radeonfb

Hi all,

(slightly OT, it's not Debian-specific, but I guess there are some
competent people around here)

the recently be the german C't-magazine published iBookScreenEnhancer[1]
(said Dual-Head hack) gives me quite a few headaches :-(

The hack worked fine in OS X, but since then I'm always getting
"radeonfb: Failed to detect DFP panel size" when booting Linux, leaving
me with a disfunctional X-server (but at least a working console,
although the backlight stays on, even when sleeping <sigh>).

And no, Alt+Apple+P+R didn't help either :-(

One suspicious thing is, that there is no EDID-property in
/proc/device-tree/@f0000000/ATY,BeeParent@10/ATY,Bee_A/
(there should be one, right?):

$ ls /proc/device-tree/pci\@f0000000/ATY,BeeParent\@10/ATY,Bee_A/
AAPL,gray-page
address
character-set
compatible
depth
device_type
display-type
gprf
height
iso6429-1983-colors
linebytes
linux,phandle
name
width

Here's a complete .tar.gz of /proc/device-tree:
http://a98.shuttle.de/~michael/ibook_device-tree.tar.gz

Any hints welcome!

[1] http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12444

--