Re: Adaptec 2940 ultra2

On  19 Apr, this message from David Ulrich echoed through cyberspace:
> It is possible to boot from a HD on a SCSI Adaptec 2940 with debian
> 2.4.18? I search the driver in the kernel source but I found nothing.

Kernel driver question has been answered. But that's only half the win.
You need your machine's firmware to be able to access a disk on the
2940.

If it's a Mac, you need Mac OpenFirmware in the 2940's ROM. That was
only the case on specific Mac models sold under a different brand name.

If it's some other PPC machine, don't know..

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |