Re: 3-button emulation

le dimanche 30 mars vers 15:13 Andrew Nesbit nous a raconté :

> I have this working with F10 = button2 and F11 = button3.
> Is it possible to configure this so that I can assign buttons 2 and 3
> to some modifier key + mouse click? (For example, CTRL+click = button2.)

This kind of mouse-click emulation has been removed from the kernel since
the beginnning of the 2.4 tree. There are several patches to do so (I don't
remember where I found them), here are the names:

 linux-2.4.18-ctrlclick.patch.bz2
 linux-2.4.19-ctrl_click.patch.bz2

You can find them with Google (maybe without the '.bz2' part ?).

I think these hacks are source of little annoyances, especially if you type
Crtl after holding down the mouse button. There are few informations in the
author's page.

Hope that helps,

\bye
   S.

--
# Basic IBM dingbats, some of which will never have a purpose clear
# to mankind