Re: bloat tolerance?

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 07:42:44PM +1100, Ross Vumbaca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
> >This is kind of a survey for PowerPC Linux users.
> >Is it OK to make 32-bit PowerPC apps bigger and
> >slower to allow for running them on IBM's 64-bit
> >hardware? This would hurt everyone running Linux
> >on a Mac.
>
> 32 bit PowerPC Linux is not exclusive to the Mac. It is run on PowerPC
> ATX boards too, which are nothing like a Mac.

BTW, do you know something about the history of the POP patches ? From
which kernel tree they evolved and so on. I tried yesterday (quickly
though) to isolate the pop 0.92 changes from the full of
linuxppc_2_4_devel, and failed. I wrote to Tom Gall, who mostly ignored
me, and the 0.9.2 patches are almost a year old now.

Friendly,

Sven Luther