Re: Printing to an Appletalk network

If you're using the standard lpd print spooler, the psf(8) manpage should
send you in the right direction (you'll need to install the netatalk
package if you haven't already). If you're using CUPS, I suspect it's more
complicated, though I think it's mentioned somewhere in the CUPS
documentation.

You might see if the printer is set up as an lpd host as well... almost
all printers with built-in ethernet will do this, certainly recent Apple
LaserWriters and HP LaserJets do. Spooling to printers that way is simple
using either CUPS or lpd (see printcap(5) manpage).  There's also the
possibility of printing via a windows print queue using samba, though I
don't know much about that.

Nick