Re: HFS+ in fstab

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 10:40:25PM +0100, Norbert Lange-Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi,
> is the Filesystem HFS+ already supported? My man-pages don't say nothing
> about it. I added this line in fstab (just a blind shot)
> --- --- ---
> /dev/hda13      /HFS+   hfs     auto    0       0
> --- --- ---
>  and can see and read only a file  called where_have_all_my_files_gone?
> Where can I get more info's about this topic?

HFS+ is _not_ supported in the kernel. There is a development effort to
make a VFS module to support it (http://linux-hfsplus.sf.net/, I think).
Mounting an HFS+ filesystem made by MacOS will always show what you
described, because MacOS makes a thin HFS wrapper around the HFS+
filesystem, for the sake of older MacOS versions. You can use the
'hfsplus' package to read and write HFS+ filesystems completely in
userspace (not transparent for applications though).

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net