Re: TerraSoft PPC Motherboard.

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 07:22:47AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 10:35:02AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 12:30:59PM +1100, Ross Vumbaca wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Yes. I have the "AmigaOne" PowerPC board. The "Terrasoft" PowerPC board
> > > (from "MAI") and the AmigaOne are basically the same board, except that
> > > the AmigaOne has some slight additional stuff.
> >
> > I also have a Pegasos board based on the same Mai Logic chipset. Linux
> > (and Debian) is rumored to work well on it, but alas i have not (yet) a
> > graphic card which will behave well with it (the fbdev drivers are
> > causing problems for my matrox millenium II). I will be getting a ATI
> > Radeon board nextly to solve this.
> >
> > BTW, do someone know if it is possible to install debian using the boot
> > floppies trough a serial console ? My current attempts makes the serial
> > console show the kernel boot log all right, and the first debian boot
> > floppy screen, but when the install dialog is supposed to appear, the
> > one where you can choose the items, then the serial console does not
> > respond anymore.
> >
> > Sven Luther
>
> I have done it, but others have had problems at that point too. There
> are some references in the archives to the serial console suddenly
> getting very slow, like 1 character per minute or something.
>
> Do you have the boot argument speed set to 38400?

A, no, i use 115200n8, which is the same as the OF uses for outputting
stuff to the serial console.

What i experience is the box booting, i get all the kernel boot
messages, then the first debian boot floppy screen, the one which tells
about debian and such, and with a continue button at the bottom,
with the box border displayed in ascii (% and such), but no more,
pressing return or tab does not confirm the continue button and bring
the second screen.

Friendly,

Sven Luther