Kernel for MOT Powerstack

Hello,

I want to run Debian-Linux on my Motorola Powerstack machine.
Unfortunately, the kernel on the woody CD has problems with
the NCR SCSI hostadapter (endless timeout loop).
On this mailing list I found (2 weeks old) a post where someone
installs debian on a RS/6000 machine with a patched kernel.
This kernel, which boots fine on my machine over the network
has obviously no support for root-NFS built in. (My machine has
no floppy). Therefore I can't mount root.
Has someone on this list a kernel which can be netbooted and
root-mounted via NFS? Or perhaps a CD image which can be used?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings
Robert