Re: Repartitioning my Harddisk with mac-fdisk for Jaguar (MacOS 10.2)

> > Another question is: Does Jaguar work on a partition made by  mac-fdisk?
>
> Using mac-fdisk to change MacOS partition sizes would probably NOT work.
> The partition sizes would change, sure, but MacOS would probably be pretty
> confused and offer to reinitialize the partitions when you reboot. If you
> try it, you should be prepared to re-install everything on the partitions.

Worse: MacOS would keep using the old partition sizes (at least for HFS
type partitions). Best case: you enlarged the partition and MacOS happily
ignores that. Worst case: MacOS keeps writing to disk space that was once
HFS but is now used by another partition (happened to me once).

To force MacOS to reinitialize a partition you need to trash the first
couple of MB using dd AFAIK.

	Michael