Re: Fwd: Re: Fw: Woody install docs and Nubus

Title: Re: Fwd: Re: Fw: Woody install docs and Nubus
At 11:23 pm -0700 20/7/02, Chris Tillman wrote:
On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 11:27:23PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> > Currently doing a low level format on the original Hard Disk and will
> hopefully load 8.6 onto that.  Is there any way I can verify that
> that the MkLinux booter contains mac_hid?

Well, on my kernel,
zgrep mac_hid vmlinux-2.4.16-newpmac

produces

Binary file (standard input) matches

Also,

grep mac_hid /boot/System.map-2.4.16-newpmac

gives

c0107964 T mac_hid_kbd_translate
c0107ae0 T mac_hid_kbd_unexpected_up
c0107b10 T mac_hid_mouse_emulate_buttons
c01f4890 ? __kstrtab_mac_hid_mouse_emulate_buttons
c0208e64 D mac_hid_files
c0208f14 D mac_hid_dir
c0208f6c D mac_hid_root_dir
c02178d4 ? __ksymtab_mac_hid_mouse_emulate_buttons
c0234a48 T mac_hid_init_hw
c02777d0 b mac_hid_sysctl_header
Thanks Chris

zgrep mac_hid vmlinux-2.2.19 gave something similar to above but with the interesting line:

c016b86c T mac_hid_keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes

During Configuring Console-common I chose "Keep kernel keymap"

I haven't yet added append="keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1"

I have now successfully installed what I thought was potato having rebuilt my system (irrevocable hard disk crash cause by toxic software download from Iomega called Quiksync - more like quikSINK ;-) It seems to play havoc with the scsi chain; all three disks across two machines were affected but in one case, terminally).  Notes of the installation attached.

However, when the install finished I got something like:

Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 debian tty

I can't believe I've installed woody but I read it had just been released.  I didn't study the access source during the install but I was sure it was potato?

Am I missing something?

Regards

Clive
--