Re: Function keys without fn (was: TiBook Keyboard Question)

At 2:24 AM +0200 7/16/02, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
How can one do that? I'd like to be able to access the function keys
directly, and use fn-F1 and fn-F2 to change the brightness.

There is a program called fnset that lets you poke the pmu to change that setting. I'm not if it has been rolled into any of the util packages for powerpc yet, I got mine by finding it attached to an email on this list and compiling it. I'm not sure if I even have the source anymore.

Note: I also had to set my pmud script to reset the fn keys the way I wanted after waking up from sleep.

If you can't find it elsewhere, let me know, I'll send you my binary in a private email.