Re: Presentation with 2nd gen TiBook

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 11:42:43PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Only the attached hack, which Peter Surda posted to the dri-devel list
> some time ago. The problem with it has been that nobody knew why it has
> any effect, let alone a positive one. :)
And this apparently hasn't changed. I still have no idea why this has any
effect on CPU usage, as Michel said. OTOH it horribly increases latency so I
don't recommend to use this patch at all. To summarize, it sucks anyway.

I expect to take another look at it sometime during the summer, when I'm not
that horribly busy.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <shurdeek@panorama.sth.ac.at>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
            It is easier to fix Unix than to live with NT.