Re: Updated document: Debian on iBook2 700MHz

OoO En cette matinée pluvieuse du vendredi 12 juillet 2002, vers
10:49, Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es> disait:

> I updated a bit the document, correcting some typos, and adding an
> starting "DVD playback".

> I have created and uploaded videolan client's powerpc debs. They are
> available from their ftp.

> The doc can be found here: http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/iBook/

mplayer works fine with mine ; use the SDL output for the audio, since
there is a problem with OSS and esd output plugins.

BTW, check this page : http://www.hadess.net/idoru.php3 Adding it to
sources.list provide Gnome 2 (but I haven't succeeded in using
anti-aliased fonts, don't know why, did you do something special for
it ?), but mplayer and other goodies for powerpc. And there is
videolan too !

I have tried ogle too which is provided with an Altivec version (is
this appropriate for the iBook ?) but it seems to die without any
explanation.

Xine didn't work at all (but I may have misunderstood how it works).

And the great news : playing a 2 hour DivX (so using the disk
continously since it can't go into sleep and using 25% of proc) eats
only half of the battery !
--
printk("autofs: Out of inode numbers -- what the heck did you do??\n");
	2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/fs/autofs/root.c