Re: Network Install won't connect

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 04:28 pm, Colin Foran wrote:
> John:
> Yes, i do. i was just about to sent you an email saying no, but after
> about 2 1/2 minutes the second line showed up.
>
> Destination        Gateway        Genmask        Flags        Metric
> Ref        Use        IFace
> 24.128.224.0            *                    blah                U
> blah        blah        blah        eth0
> default                24.218.224.1        0.0.0.0
> UG                                                     eth0

Colin,

I am no networking guru, but I think that Gateway IP # and the
Destination IP # should be the same.  It is trying to route packets
thru the *.1 interface and the *.0 interface is the one that connects
to the rest of the world.  Again, I am not familiar with dhcp so
perhaps the above is correct.  Maybe someone else with dhcp knows the
answer?

John