Re: Can't start installation via yaboot at OpenFirmware prompt

Chris Tillman wrote:

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 05:44:17PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
<snip>

It feels like OpenFirmware just can't open that partition (or any partition for that matter). Is there some sort of test to isolate the problem to either the Linux files or to OpenFirmware/the Mac?

It's looking like pdisk is not a very swift tool for creating Mac
partitions.  I'm thinking I need to revise those instructions! Try
doing it the way we say in the installation manual instead, that is,
use Drive Setup from the Mac CD to completely re-do your disk from the
ground up

<snip>

This is a lot of work, I know, are you still with us?

Yep; I'll give a try tomorrow (Tuesday).

Thanks!

Kent