Re: Can't start installation via yaboot at OpenFirmware prompt

Chris Tillman wrote:
On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 11:24:43PM -0500, Kent West wrote:

Which debian-imac release are you using, the 2.2 or 3.0? Perhaps there's
been some corruption of the yaboot binary or something.

The installation instructions pointed me to a .sit archive at http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/debian-imac/debian-imac.sit; that site doesn't say what release it is, and I'm not at the Mac at the

OK, that's the 2.2 (potato) version.

I just downloaded and tried the woody version; same results.

New Information:
----------------
As an experiment, I used pdisk to delete the 14th partition, named "MacShared". I then recreated it with the command:

C 14p 14p MacOS Apple_HFS

and wrote the changes to disk. I then rebooted.

When OS 9 finished booting, I saw the second disk icon still there, and it was still named "MacShared". So I pulled up pdisk to see what it thought about the partitions, and it shows:

Top level command (? for help): l
Name of device: /dev/ata0.0

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/ata0.0' (/dev/hda)
 #:                type name              length   base     ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple                 63 @ 1
 2:     Apple_Bootstrap boot                1600 @ 12654848
 3:    Apple_Driver_ATA*Macintosh             54 @ 64
 4:    Apple_Driver_ATA*Macintosh             74 @ 118
 5:  Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh            512 @ 192
 6:       Apple_Patches Patch Partition      512 @ 704
 7:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap              524288 @ 1216     (256.0M)
 8:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /                 153600 @ 525504   ( 75.0M)
 9:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /tmp               51200 @ 679104   ( 25.0M)
10:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /usr             3276800 @ 730304   (  1.6G)
11:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /var              512000 @ 4007104  (250.0M)
12:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /home            1024000 @ 4519104  (500.0M)
13:           Apple_HFS "MacOS"          6963200 @ 5543104  (  3.3G)
14:           Apple_HFS "MacShared"       148544 @ 12506304 ( 72.5M)

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=12656448 (6.0G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
Drivers-
1:  21 @ 64, type=0x701
2:  34 @ 118, type=0xf8ff

Top level command (? for help):

So, my changes to partition 14 didn't "take". Any ideas?

Kent