Re: modem on the new ibook2

> >All Intel only. They mention "Macintosh/PPC" in the 'might be supported
> >some day' section. Well, that's not something I'd base my purchase
> >decision on.
>
> Marc (who maintains that driver) and I got it working on PPC. There

Good to hear that. Nothing on the web site convinced me he might be that
close (and I scanned the changelog). Now if Apple stays with that modem
hardware for a while I might consider getting a new laptop :-)

Doesn't the ibook2 and Tibook have PCMCIA slots as well? Might be useful
for plugging in a modem card while waiting for Someone (TM) to provide a
softmodem driver.

	Michael