Re: PowerPC frequency

On   4 Jul, this message from FASSINO Jean-Philippe FTRD/DTL/GRE echoed through cyberspace:
> I bought the new PowerBook 800Mhz and i see that Linux detect only
> 667Mhz
> (seen in /proc/cpuinfo and in
> /proc/device-tree/cpus/PowerPC,G4/clock-frequency)
> whereas MacOS X see 800Mhz.
> Does someone see that before ?

Search the list archives :) Short answer: yes.

> Is it a Linux problem or is it a Apple which not give me correct
> powerbook ?
> In the second case, why MacOS X say 800Mhz ?

Your PowerBook can switch the CPU speed down to 667 MHz, and that's what
you're seeing.

No idea how you can switch it back up...

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |