Modem configuration on Ti PowerBook G4

I recently did a network install of Woody on a Ti PowerBook G4 -- congrats to the install team, it was slick and easy.

I am trying to setup a modem to use when a dialup is the only available connection to the 'net. Wvdial is configured similar to my i386 box and seems to work OK up to a point -- It finds the modem and sends the init string (generated by wvdialconf), but it doesn't dial out. it kind of acts like a Winmodem.

Any advice/assistance will be appreciated :)

Learning this Apple hardware is a new challenge ;)

John Gilger
bjgilger@earthlink.net