Voodoo3 2000 problems in Woody

This is a repost from a bit ago, all I really want to know, is WILL THIS CARD WORK?  I mean, if the only suggestion you have is RTFM, I've been rtfm'ing the crap outta stuff trying to get it to work, with no luck, I never recived ANY sort of response the first time, and after talking to Mr Branden Robinson, he said to resort to threats, and to mention something about already going to "Overfiend" and that the list members would know about it  =]

Anyhoo, Repost following.....

				--Shawn

Hey there all, I've got a performa 6360 here, running woody, with a Voodoo3 2000 PCI in it, works great with fbdev, but I'd really like to use an accelerated X-server, so I built a custom 2.4.18 kernel with the tdfx drivers, pass the tdfx options to the kernel in BootX, and it starts up fine, console is working great (yes, I know about the Bug with the driver, DO NOT switch between X and console once you start X, verymuchbad) that being said, the first startup, after reconfiguring XF86Config-4, starts up fine, and then I startup an App, and it's ok, then I fire up the e-mail client, and boom, it locks up, requiring a hard reboot, locks up so bad that the precautionary ssh session from another machine dies.  reboot, fsck, restart X, locks up before the screen redraw, reboot, fsck, remove all the .* X-related files and directories in my ~/ directory, X fires up, runs fine all night, I get up this morning, fire up gabber, it locks up again.    The only modules I'm currently loading for XFree are the font modules (freetype, speedo, etc.)  no DRI, no GLCore, no glx.   Anybody else had these problems?   I mean, I can use this machine with fbdev, but the X experience is rather less enjoyable.

					--Shawn