make-kpkg zzz

hi

I'm trying to compile a benh kernel from source, cos i needed some optimization. I'm using make-kpkg, of course, but it gives me some trouble. I choosed to compile
with --arch=ppc option, and i've linked ppc-linux-* to their correct files.

Earlier on the end of the story, it says that System.map has a premature EOF (actually, it's empty). Removing it and re-launching make-kpkg --arch=ppc kernel_image, dpkg-gencontrolgives another error: "current build architecture powerpc does not appear in package's list (ppc)"
Of course, .deb files isn't created.

What to do?

bye