Re: Booting from CD on PowerMacintosh 7600/132

Thanks. It turns out that I need two disks, both boot-floppy-hfs.img and root.bin.

I used dd on an i686 after trying other methods.
The MakeDebianFloppy script didn't seem to have instructions packed with it so I moved on after 10 minutes of experiments. Perhaps that machine (running OS 9) was missing AppleScript. Nor could I figure out diskcopy on the first try.

It would be a nice-but-not-essential extra to have the Debian install process remind you of how much RAM is available. It would, however, be really useful to have a little more detail about creating a swap partition. Partition types "swap", "SWAP", and 82 seem to be ignored. What is the proper thing to enter, if I use only the disks and no other tool?

-Lars