Re: Data CDs work but not Audio CDs in iBook2

On 27 Jun 2002 22:27:19 +0100
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net> blurted in message
[🔎] 1025213240.492.897.camel@dozo:

> > > Option 1) upgrade your kernel with a recent benh
> > > Option 2) Apply patch from this mail.
> > > http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-dev/200202/msg00013.html
> > >
> > > This has already been discussed. You should do a little research.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> >
> > Thanks for the link. I'm new to Linux on PPC, so, I'm not familiar with
> > ALL the various mailing lists, web sites, etc.
>
> It has been discussed on this very same list, ie. debian-powerpc.
>
> > Anyway, I'll try using the ide-scsi module tonight vs. compiling my own
> > kernel and see if that works.
>
> Both should work equally well, the ide-scsi is just a work around
> though, and it will be slower than pure ide (unnecessary code on top of
> what you really want to use).

IME the ide-scsi layer doesn't rip properly. I think there's an endian
problem, as you just get white-noise at the end of it (or at least, I did
with the iBook 500Mhz). The ordinary ide-cd works fine though :)

L.
--
 Liam Bedford | Greg: Can't you see you're all alcoholics?
--------------| Guv: Oi. We don't call them that. We call