Re: 2.4.18 SMP custom kernel woes

The same bug also happens with a clean 2.4.18 kernel-source tree, without applying the bitkeeper patches. Cold-booting the G4 causes it to hang on the ide driver, but *if* I boot MacOS from OF, then aferwards Linux will boot fine.

Regards
Gordon Grant

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

I've spotted what might be an SMP locking bug in the detect code of the
aic7xxx driver, I've sent a mail to Justin Gibbs about it, i'm waiting
for a reply. In a separate mail, you are talking about applying a patch,
could you forward me that patch please ?

It's just the bitkeeper.diff.gz patch from Debian packge 'kernel-patch-2.4.18-powerpc_2.4.18-1'. I'll send the file anyway in a seperate mail. No other patches other than this were applied to the kernel source.

Cheers
Gordon