Re: XFree86/Keyboard can't use at-sign

Hello Branden,

this doesn't work for me (i had this in the very beginning) as all the other solutions provided doesn't work for me either. Everything works fine, but i can't write an @ with my keyboard under X (neither with the integrated keyboard of the powerbook g4 nor with an external apple pro keyboard). But i can write the @ in the console.

This was the section i had in the beginning:
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"macintosh"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"de"

According to the XFree86.0.log the keymap gets loaded correctly. (during all my trials i had some errors like "can't load xkb keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap)

How can i get the keycodes which can be used with xmodmap?
If i use showkey then the keycodes aren't the ones for use with xmodmap.

Is there anywhere some general information how XFree86 treats keyboards?
I couldn't find anything on their website.

With the xmodmap solution Siggi Langauf provided, i could write the at-sign but the i wasn't able to switch from X to console (using Strg-Alt-F1). This was it:

clear mod1
keycode 64 = Mode_switch

Cheers,
	Daniel