Re: Potato 2.2_rev4 cd iso not bootable?

skatefraggle <skatefraggle@mac.com> writes:

>   Sorry for asking such newbie questions but going through the mail
> archive of list.debian-powerpc and from my own expierienc i got the
> impression that the rev4 iso doesn t boot on ( tried on g4 titanium,
> g4/466 and g4/800) new world machines i get the following message:

I happened to see yesterday that there is a potato r4.1 just for
PowerPC at

http://cdimage.debian.org/cd-images/2.2_rev4.1/powerpc/

Perhaps the debian-cd folks have fixed the booting problems that r4
had?

Anyways, I would just netboot your machines into the woody
installer.  Netbooting info can be found here:

http://penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/netboot.shtml

All you need to do is set up the yaboot.conf to use root.bin as an
initrd.

Or, if you have another operating system on there like MacOS then you
can boot from OpenFirmware into yaboot.  See:

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/doc/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-boot-drive-files