Re: Woody floppy install on OldWorld Mac

At 8:39 AM -0600 12/1/01, Kevin van Haaren wrote:
At 2:31 AM -0500 12/1/01, Michael Dartt wrote:
Hi, everyone. I'm trying to install Woody onto a Performa 6400/180 that runs MacOS 8.1 on an HFS-formatted disk. I'm using the disk images from ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/powermac/images-1.44/, with the exception of boot-floppy-hfs.img, which is corrupt, according to Disk Copy and ShrinkWrap (yes, I tried downloading it more than once, and didn't automatically post-process it :)

I just downloaded and it works fine for me. The mirror you were downloading from may have had a corrupt version.

Try downloading from ftp.debian.org or I've had good luck using canada's mirrors at ftp.ca.debian.org

I take this back. The hfs image file doesn't work with Disk Copy under OS 9. It does work with Disk Copy under OS X. I have no idea why.

Kevin