Re: Detecting state of iBook gmac ethernet

From: Michel Lanners <mlan@cpu.lu>
To: khchung001@hotmail.com
CC: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Detecting state of iBook gmac ethernet
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 00:33:56 +0100 (CET)

On  30 Nov, this message from Kin Chung echoed through cyberspace:
> I am trying to set up my ibook to auto-detect and automatically
> set up its ethernet connection.

If you are looking for location-dependant network settings, look at
intuitively (available in woody).

If you are looking for ethernet hardware config such as speed and/or
duplex state, search the archives of this list or of linuxppc-dev; there
has been some talk about that issue lately. IIRC, there have been some
mods by BenH to make the GMAC driver compatible with ethtool and/or
miitool.

Thanks, both to you and BenH.  I was more or less looking for at least
the latter and expecting to have to write the former.

Cheers,

Kin Hoong