Re: X on Quicksilver G4

Am Samstag den, 1. Dezember 2001, um 18:08, schrieb Michel Dänzer:

rivafb doesn't work on PPC out of the box yet. Ani Joshi has
patches,
AFAIK Ben was going to include them in his tree but I don't know if they
are in yet.

It seems they were not in. I applied the patch, and it helped a lot. Now the text console is slow like hell, but at least I get 1152x864 @ 75 Hz on X with the fbdev driver. I can't be bothered right now to recompile X for the nv driver.

It's unlikely that there will ever be decent support for nVidia hardware
on PPC, even Ani has pretty much given up on them.

Sorry to hear that :-(

Thanks,
Jens.