Woody floppy install on OldWorld Mac

Hi, everyone.  I'm trying to install Woody onto a Performa 6400/180 that runs MacOS 8.1 on an HFS-formatted disk.  I'm using the disk images from ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/powermac/images-1.44/, with the exception of boot-floppy-hfs.img, which is corrupt, according to Disk Copy and ShrinkWrap (yes, I tried downloading it more than once, and didn't automatically post-process it :)  However, I can't even get the machine to recognize the Rescue disk when I turn it on.  It just spits it out.  Holding down Option-Command-O-F doesn't get me to Open Firmware, either.  I made sure I locked the disk image file after changing the creator & type, and locked the disk after the image was written to it.  Is there something I'm missing?  Would the presence of a ProDOS partition on my hard drive be messing this up?

Thank you for your help.

--Mike