Re: Journaling FS for PPC (was Re: gcc version for kernel compiles)

"Jason E. Stewart" wrote:

> > AFAIK that should only yet be a problem with gcc-3.0 (which in turn is
> > needed for ReiserFS yet).
>
> Speaking as one who would really like to have a journaling FS on my
> 80Gb FW drive, is ResierFS ready for use on PPC?

'Ready' may be a bit exaggerated, but I've been using it as my root filesystem
(upgraded to 20G disk => 17G root partition :) for a couple weeks and the only
issue I'm having right now is that it seems to eat the logs on rotation.

As I mentioned I need to build my kernels with gcc-3.0 though, with 2.95.3
they would crash after some time and cause havoc on the disk. Jeff Mahoney
says kernels built with the latter work on his iBook but not on the G4.

Brave souls should go to http://penguinppc.org/~jeffm/ and backup and/or test
with a scratch partition first.