Re: vlc 0.2.82 debs available

Peter Meilstrup <pm@its.caltech.edu> writes:

>> Are you sure? Because things seem to play pretty well on my 400 MHz iMac.
>
> The 500 flops figure is based on assuming it takes half as long as
> the simplest implementation of an FFT. There might be better
> implementations of the algorithm however.
>
> Define "pretty well" and what environment you're running in... under
> linux the best I can get is very noticeably jerky on my 500Mhz
> Ibook2. Under MacOS the DVD player software uses the ATI card to to
> the grunt work.

Well, DVDs play great in MacOS on my Lombard...do these have hardware
DVD decoder support?  The mach64 probably doesn't help too much,
right?

btw, the Lombard is the Powerbook before the Pismo, mine has a 400 Mhz
G3.

XVideo seems to think the only thing this video hardware is good for
is Putimage:

[huber@mystic:~]-$> xvinfo
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0