Re: New with PPC soon...

Michel Dänzer <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch> writes:

> To prevent it from backing up /boot, /proc etc.

Ah, ok.  I usually do that with excludes.  But if you have few
filesystems, then using -x makes more sense, I agree.

> And I assume the 'pass' field should be set to 0?

I think so.

> XFS has been running fine so far, it's a good feeling. :)
>
> Let me take this opportunity to warn people not to trust any
> important data to reiserfs. I've seen it lose all data on my gf's
> cube from one second to the other. I considered that a personal
> warning to move to something better.

Yeah, XFS has been pretty stable for me.  The only trouble I've really
ever had was with 2.4.6 + XFS CVS; I got minor corruption after a
kernel panic.  But 2.4.8-pre3 + XFS CVS has only dropped me into xmon
once (likely not XFS related), and I've encountered no problems with
corruption or anything else.

> PS: Hey Colin, I remembered to remove you from the To: header. ;)

Hehe.  Well, you should be able to set up your mailer to do this
automatically for mailing lists...