Re: /dev/cdrom is missing

AaaaAaAHhh.....

There is no need to mount audio cds to play them, just put in the
disk and fire up your cd player such as xmms, cdp, cdplay, etc...

Also, you can only mount the cd when there is a disk in it, and you
must umount the cd to remove the disk (umount /cdrom) otherwise the
tray won't open when you press the eject button.

Hope that helps
Phil Frost